Coronavirus / COVID-19
Coronavirus is a threat to us all, no matter where we go or what we do. However, SAGE evidence suggests that outdoor activities may present a lower risk of virus transmission.
Synergy Guides Ltd will base its activities on the following principals:
- Safe – Course provision will be informed and guided by a public health assessment of risk. (Government advice through PHE, HPS etc.)
- Lawful – We will adhere to government guidance and legal restrictions.
- Evidence-based – We will use the best available activity-specific evidence and analysis to guide our decision making.
- Socially responsible – We recognise that there must be a balance between economic growth and the welfare of local communities, society and the environment. Candidates, providers and their staff are accountable for fulfilling their civic duty; the actions of an individual must benefit the whole of society.
- Clear – We will provide clarity to our candidates, our scheme providers and their staff to enable compliance, engagement, and accountability.
- Realistic – We will consider the viability and effectiveness of instruction and guiding through discussions with our scheme providers.
Activities will require a pragmatic and mutually agreed approach between participants and instructors. Some objectives may not be feasible. The dynamic nature of being in the mountains means that there may be occasions when ideal COVID-19 Secure practice (for example, social distancing) cannot be maintained e.g. to deal with an immediate safety concern that takes priority.
Participants are asked to agree to the below:
1. To follow relevant home nation Government guidance on Coronavirus, specifically that you will not travel to nor attend guiding/instruction with Synergy Guides Ltd if you should be self-isolating according to national guidelines. Guidance on the specific symptoms and self-isolation measures are clearly available on the Scottish Government website.
2. To be asked to answer the following questions with the word ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ immediately prior to your course:
Now, or at any time in the last 21 days:
A. Do you have/have you had a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)?
B. Do you have a/have you had a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)?
C. Do you have or have you had a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal?
D. Are any of your household symptomatic of COVID 19 or have any of them been?
E. Are any of your household self-isolating or have any of them been in the last 21 days?
F. To the best of your knowledge have you been in close contact with anyone else who is symptomatic of COVID-19?
3. To answer the following:
G. Do you accept that your participation in the booked activity may increase your risk of exposure to infection with the virus relative to no-participation?
H. Do you agree to inform your Instructor should you develop any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 any time within 14 days of the end of the activity? The Instructor undertakes to do the same.
I. In addition to your relevant kit list supplied, please confirm that you will bring:
- A small bottle of hand sanitiser.
- A face mask or covering with you in case it is required.
- A small personal first aid kit (plasters, painkillers, medication, nitrile gloves).
- A midge net per person if required.
Further considerations from Synergy Guides Ltd.
- Mountain rescue teams might not respond to an incident or might be slower and with lower capabilities in attendance.
- Our instructors and guides will meet participants at pre-arranged locations and will avoid car sharing.
- Our instructors and guides will remind you to sanitize hands on a regular basis.
- All technical equipment will be quarantined for 72 hours between bookings.
We will ensure we meet the requirements of our Insurers and follow advice from our Professional Association: The Association of Mountaineering Instructors.
If you develop symptoms whilst in our company please let us know immediately. We will always do our best to limit financial commitment.
Any questions regarding Synergy Guides Ltd COVID-19 guidelines should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further booking information can be found in our terms and conditions.